Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hanna Owens

Say hello to Hanna! As one of our newest wives, we're all really excited to meet her and learn more about her! 

Where are you from?
My family has moved around a lot, mostly in the pacific northwest. But I claim Spokane, Washington.
How many siblings do you have?
Four. Two older, two younger. I think it’s important to say that, because being a middle child has shaped my personality in a lot of ways.
What is your favorite movie?
The Goonies
Do you play any instruments? Sing?
Nope. I am pretty non-musical. But I did play the flute in my jr. high band. I was too ashamed to tell any of my friends, and none of them found out until about a year ago. So, I guess I am a pretty good liar. Not that has to do with anything.
How long have you been married?
Three months TODAY! Time flies

Do you have any kids?
No, but if I had it my way, I would have been pregnant yesterday. However, we are poor newlyweds, and I’d like to finish my degree first. I lovvveee kids, and if you ever need a babysitter, HIT. ME. UP. For reals.
What is your favorite part of living in Provo/Orem?
There are a lot of good restaurants here. But since that is a pretty shallow/fat girl answer… My real answer is that there is a temple so close. I love being able to go weekly!
Do/did you go to school? What degree(s) do you have?
I will be graduating in April in human development, then hopefully starting work at an adoption agency.
What is your favorite thing to do with your girlfriends?
On Tuesdays, my friends and I go to the dirty dancing class at Gold’s gym. We started doing it as a joke/from our own curiosity after seeing they have a class called, “dirty dancing,” but now I actually like it. It makes me feel like Ciara.
What is your favorite food?
French fries with tartar sauce from Dick’s Drive Inn in Seattle.
What are you most and least looking forward to about football season?
I can’t think of anything that I’m not looking forward to. I’m pretty excited for the bowl game, though!
What is one of your most embarrassing moments?
I have always loved singing. Which, I really do not have any skill in. But I sing all the time anyway, and have for forever.  I also was a very strange child. Once in kindergarten, I was in the bathroom and singing Celine Dion at the top of my lungs, thinking no one could hear me. On the other side of the wall, the class was having story time. When I came back, everyone was staring and laughing at me and I was mortified. I guess it wasn’t that scarring though, because I still sing in inappropriate places.
If you could live anywhere where would it be?
The northwest! I know that will never happen though, because Joey hates the rain. However, I think Provo is one of the best places to go for a perfect college experience, so I have no qualms with being here for a few more years.

What is your favorite article of clothing?
Lululemon yoga pants. I don’t think I have to explain that one.
How did you and your husband meet?
My best friend, Eleanor Jackson, set us up! It was pretty random because she really didn’t know him that well at the time. I had just put in my mission papers so I really wasn’t expecting anything to come of it. But after our first date, we were together pretty much constantly and things fell together so naturally. I obviously never made it to Brazil (where I was called on my mission).
What position does your husband play?
Outside linebacker
Do you love football? Did that love come before or after your met your husband?
I LOVE FOOTBALL. My dad coached it, my brothers played it and I have been actively watching/paying close attention to NCAA football since 5th grade. Often my friends accuse me of marrying a football player just because I love football so much. But I didn’t choose the football life, the football life chose me. It’s funny because general league information/byu football history/anything to do with football other than actually playing the sport, I know a lot more than Joey. Which can be slightly entertaining when people ask him questions, and I have to jump in and answer them for him J

0 comments:

Post a Comment